Sunday, April 23, 2017

Ipad 2017 - Is it worth the money?

I have an Ipad which is almost 5 years old now. I bought my Ipad 4 five years ago after I let the Ipad 3 passed due to some not so nice reviews. It already has some fair share of bumps and bruises but still a dependable piece of technology. A bit lagging but the screen will never fail you. It has the retina display and a bright display with reflections, of course. I upgraded the OS to the latest version, i.e. 10.3 and I didn't notice any impact on the performance - really, quality and built is where Apple really flies. 5 years old Ipad is really due for replacement but if you can still hold on to it for a couple of years, I envy you :-). I still have my Ipad 1 which even my 5 year-old daughter hate to use. It is so heavy and Youtube is not not working anymore because Google already stopped the update. Both Ipad 1 and 4 are heavy as a brick. You will hate them when you hold something like Ipad Air 2.

As a trying hard technology guy - 5 years is quite a long time to hold a device like an Ipad. Two generations and now a new cheaper model with newer chip and screen that sucks? Maybe it's the right time to park my Ipad 4. So, I did! I bought the new 2017 Ipad and boy I thought I should stay with my old Ipad or went for the Ipad Air 2! Just kidding, cheap Ipad means screen that is not laminated, lots of reflection and an additional weight. The good side, higher battery capacity, higher screen brightness and newer chip (A9). If you have Ipad Air or Air 2 - no need to upgrade. Reading in an Ipad Air 2 is less eye straining due to less reflection. But if you are vain - go for 2017 model you will have an Ipad and a portable mirror, literally :-).

So... If you have a pre-Ipad Air model, 2017 is a good (not great) upgrade. Otherwise, stay away from this model. Unlike me, you still have a choice.








No comments: