Thursday, May 18, 2017

PSEi Correction

Traders are now cashing in on their gains after PSE punched through 8K. That's include me :-). Sold 50% of my DMC stocks which gained some coffee money but I already received the 48 cents dividend. Waiting for this stock to go back to 10 Pesos level. 

The government did not accept the EU grant of almost 280 million Euro. I am not sure if that is a good idea as the money can be used to fund basic services which will benefit the poor. But if the government can generate more money by going after big tax evaders, then I don't think we will need help from other country.

Reading 'My Family's Slave' by Alex Tizon. A Pulitzer prize-winning journalist and the author of Big Little Man: In Search of My Asian Self. The story revolve around the family's house helper (they call her Lola) and his family. I think most of Filipinos can relate to this story as most of us knows a house helper or have one. But I think Alex family treatment of 'Lola' is more of a slave rather that part of the family. Some commented that somehow the author contributed to this treatment which I agree. If you what to read more about this story, you can check this site - https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/06/lolas-story/524490/.




No comments: