Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Alibaba IPO

I read from the news that Alibaba increased its IPO price from $66 to $68. Jack Ma is a very happy man. It will net him billion of dollars. My problem here is that I am not really sure how Alibaba will compete with companies like Amazon and Ebay or even Lazada :-). 

I think Alibaba is more of bulk selling platform. It is geared toward selling products to business entity not individual customer. The only negative I read is that there are fake product being sold on the site. I am sure Alibaba is doing something to cleanse their system but there would be some who will be able to continue doing their unscrupulous business practices. But aside from that - investors are loving Alibaba. Would Alibaba public offering lift PSE? I really hope so. I love to own Alibaba if I could. I can wait for Lazada though :-).

BLOOM is now 13!

No comments: