Saturday, September 20, 2014

Starbucks Library

I love coffee - I mean the brewed one. It's one of my passion. In fact, one of my lifelong dreams is to own a coffee house. A more relaxing environment than the more popular coffee houses around Metro Manila. Maybe more of 'green' coffee house. One place where you can sit under a tree and sip your favourite coffee. Converse with your love ones without disturbing those who are studying for their exams.


I love coffee. In fact, we always go to Starbucks every Saturday and Sunday and spend a couple of hours just to relax (although, sometimes it is not relaxing to answer 'kiddie' questions of an 8 year old and 3 year old girls). We tried Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf but we always like Starbucks. I think its the coffee that really make us return to the place. Starbucks has an assortment of coffee mixes and they taste great - really great! I love Coffee Jelly. Although, it's a bit sweet but you can always request for less sugar, right? 



Because of my love of coffee. I decided to buy espresso machine (just the small one). So that I can make Cafe Latte or Cappuccino at home. I have also a standard Coffee Brewer I bought from SM. At the office, I have a French Press - two actually. One I bought from Starbucks and a new year's gift from my wife.



Aside from having to mix my own concoction, I also save some money. At the office, I spend at least 100 pesos per day for a cup of Coffee. That would be equivalent to around 24,000 pesos per year. But using a Presser, I cut it down to around 12,000 pesos per year. A significant savings, right?



Also, if I think I would just order a brewed Coffee on our Saturday and Sunday visit to Starbucks, I brewed my own and bring it to Starbucks. So, I again save a little. Anyway, I still drink Starbucks Coffee since what I brewed was Starbucks beans which I buy every 3 weeks. I normally buy Vinta Coffee since it only cost 350 pesos. The taste is good and comparable to those expensive ones, like Kenya or Guatemala blend.



Last year, I bought Starbucks card. It's the green one. So, I get some stars every time I buy hand-crafted Coffee or Coffee Beans. 12 stars and you get free drink - additional 15 pesos to upsize to Venti. 10 stars for free bags of coffee. At least you get something from in return for being a loyal Customer.



The only problem is when people stays in Starbucks for so long that other Customers find it difficult to find an available tables. Student tend to study in Starbucks and stay there for a couple of hours almost everyday! But that is fine than having them go to other places that is not conducive to learning. I believe they will love Starbucks even after they finished their study. Starbucks for all its pricey coffee and fancy concoctions was able to present itself as an extension of school library and study room. I read that there is a study that the sound (or noise) inside Starbucks seem to calm people (with added aromatic ambiance). There's even an application that mimic noise inside Starbucks. Crazy. But who is not crazy when you pay a days worth of work for a cup of coffee?

No comments: