Friday, September 12, 2014

Groupon Fake Xiaomi Powerbank

Deals now a days are flying around. I subscribed to Groupon, Ensogo and Cash-Cash Pinoy. And boy, they love sending emails. I received loads from them. Everyday. The deals are good. Price are low. Seems they care for their customers. They like you to get the best deals. You're happy - they earn.

I tried Groupon since they are the pioneer in this business. I bought food deals. Those are good deals. I bought a couple of times more. I bought some non-food deals. They are good deals. Then, I bought a powerbank...  

I read a review about Xiaomi Powerbank - 10400 mah, simple design, best components, etc. I checked Lazada, it's out of stock. Then I received email from Groupon... 999 + 90 pesos shipping. Xiaomi Powerbank, 10400 mah, blah, blah, blah... I decided to buy. I'm sure I bought a legit product. 100% original Xiaomi Powerbank! To may dismay...

The battery has all the characteristics of a FAKE Xiaomi battery: color is too silvery, lettering is pronounced, LED holes is big (can be used as flashlight when on) and after a day one of the LED is already busted, it charged itself! - when you insert one end of USB to micro USB input and the other end to USB output - it is CHARGING!!! I read from internet that there's a lot of FAKE Xiaomi Powerbank in the market and they explode! I never thought that Groupon will be so careless not to check if their partner is selling FAKE product. I just hope that those who bought would realise that they bought a FAKE Xioami Powerbank and not to use them anymore to prevent accidents.

I compared the Powerbank I bought from Groupon to the one my colleague 
bought from Lazada and it really confirm my suspicions that it is FAKE. I will be ripping it apart to check what cheap components was used. I have some pictures below that I've taken a day after I received the item.

I already emailed the company who sold the Powerbank. He told me that their supplier told them the the product is original. They just rely on their supplier's information but it is so easy to spot the FAKE and the product they are selling is definitely FAKE. I suspect, they know it is FAKE. I am planning to ship back the product for them to properly dispose it (after I ripped it apart).

GROUPON? Yes I emailed them. I received an email saying that my concern will be forwarded to the management (forwarded my ass). I am glad that Groupon closed down their office Romania. Maybe they conduct their business like how they conduct their business in Philippines. Almost 2 weeks - no resolution. What should I expect? I don't need a replacement - I want them to acknowledge that I bought a FAKE product from them (they facilitated the sell) and correct their mistake by notifying those who bought the product.

Now I can say - I was once a Groupon customer. Maybe time to try Ensogo or Cash-Cash?

FAKE is the one on the LEFT:

Color is like a Mercury, Lettering is pronounced, with sticker?


 Check the LED holes, button of FAKE has a gap in one side:

After a day... FAKE don't last long...


No comments: